Moving in the Power of the Holy Spirit STUDY 9
WE NEED TO KNOW THE VICTORY Jesus won on the cross for us and we are in him, in order to move in the power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians, chapter 1 & 2 tells us who we are in Christ and the victory Jesus has over every rule and authority, power and dominion and above every name. That means He has victory over every evil force, sin, sickness, curses and every demonic thing. Every knee must bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and this victory He won on the cross. Since that moment, every force on earth has to bow the knee and obey. Every sickness has a name, every demon has a name, and everyone has to obey the name of Jesus. The name above every name. Jesus has given us the authority of His name. In the name of Jesus we can drive sickness and pain out of bodies. In the name of Jesus we can drive every demon out of everyone’s life that wants it gone.
How can this be?
Read Ephesians 2:4-6 to see what Jesus has done for us. Yes He has forgiven our sin and raised us up with Him into the Heavenly places in Christ Jesus, above sin, above sickness and above every demonic force upon this earth. If only we will believe this. If only we will live this truth!!
Also read Philippians 2:8-11.
In prayer we can come to know this reality. In prayer we allow the Lord to raise us up to the Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. It’s there that the lord equips us to move out in Him, in His power and authority: to loose man from the bonds of wickedness, to bring man to salvation and to deliver the oppressed and to heal the sick.
What does the Lord do for us in the Heavenly places?
i. He blesses us in Christ with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians1:3)
ii. He shows us who we are in Him (Ephesians1:4-6)
iii. He shows us what He did for us on the cross (Ephesians1:7-8)
iv. He makes the mystery of His Will known to us (Ephesians 1:8-10)
v. He shows us His Will for us, our destiny and purpose (Ephesians 1:10-12)
vi. He shows us what our inheritance is in Him (Ephesians1:12-14)
vii. He promises us wisdom an knowledge in Him (Ephesians 1:17)
viii. He calls us to know His hope and inheritance (Ephesians 1:18)
ix. He shows us the greatness of His power to those who believe (Ephesians 1:19)
x. He calls us up with Him to live spiritually where he is, so that we can be equipped and sent out into the world to show man His immeasurable riches of His grace and kindness, in salvations, in healings and deliverances which God prepared beforehand that we should walkin them (Ephesians 2:4-6)
THE AUTHORITY OF JESUS’ NAME
1. Genesis 1:3 ‘And God SAID “Let there be light What God said came (God)
and then there was light”’ into being at His word
Genesis 1:6 ‘God SAID…..’
2. John 1:1-5 “The Word became flesh” (Word becomes flesh)
3. Mark 9:25-35 Jesus commanded the (Jesus)
dumb spirit to leave
and it left
4. Acts3:16 “And His name, by faith in His name (disciples)
has made the man strong”
5. Mark16:17 “And these signs will accompany those (Us)
who believe. In my name they will cast
out demons, they will speak in new tongues”
Also: Matthew 10:1, Matthew 10:8
The authority of words are powerful
- Matthew 16:19 Jesus has given us the keys of authority to bind or loose.
You receive them
- Mark16:17 “And these signs will follow those who believe. In my name they will cast out demons …”and in John 14:12 “he who believes in me, the works that I do he will also do”
- Use the gifts of the spirit to discern spirits of infirmity that cause cancer, arthritis and other incurable diseases and cast them out in Jesus’ name
- Speak in faith (Mark 11:22-23 & Psalms 107:20)
- Expect the miracle or healing to happen (Matthew 8:5-8). Also, Isaiah 55:11 “so shall the word that goes forth from my mouth, it shall not return to me empty”
The Power of the Holy Spirit through laying on of hands
Mark 16:18, “They will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.”
John Lake missionary to Africa writes:
“Gentlemen, I want you to see one more thing. You go down to your hospital
and bring the man that has inflammation of the shinbone. Take your
instrument and attach it to your leg. You can have it attached on both sides.” So
when the instrument was all ready I put my hand on that man’s shin and
prayed…. Then I said, “gentlemen what is taking place?” They replied, “every
cell is responding.”
Beloved, all there is to healing, is that the life of God comes back into the part that is afflicted and right away the blood flows, the congested cells respond and the work is done.
John Lake goes on to say:
“One of these days there is going to be a new chair in our universities. It will
be the chair of pneumatology, the science of the Spirit, by which men will
undertake to discover the laws of the spirit of man and the action of God
through man. And by the grace of God, men shall know that God is alive, and
the living Spirit of God is no dream and it’s wondrous power in man and
through man will be revealed.”
The Lord , in a similar way as the workings of a mobile phone, is able to current His healing power through our mortal bodies; through our hands to bring healing to the person we are laying hands on. In Romania I was invited to give a lecture at “The University of Medical Science and Pharmacy” on “divine healing”.
After my talk, not knowing their regulations, I invited the sick to come forward, laid hands on them and they were instantly healed. This caused quite a stir and two of the lecturers present became Christians that very day.
Jesus healed by laying on of hands
Mark 7:33-35, Mark 5:41-42, Mark 1:40-41
Laying on of hands also imparts the gifts of the Spirit
Acts 19:6, 2 Timothy 1:6, Deuteronomy 34:9
How To lay On hands
1. Find out “What are you believing God to do for you”. Always be positive, never ask
“what is wrong with you?”
2. Touch the part that is to be healed yourself or over the person’s hand if you prefer not
to touch the area for some reason. As you touch the area god’s power will flow through
you into that area like electricity. Sometimes you can even feel this flow through you.
Sometimes I feel the power being sucked from me and I know the person is being
healed. Other times I feel it ‘sponging up’ so that I know the person is struggling to
3. Speak encouraging words to build up the person’s faith to receive.
4. Speak faith, release your faith for them.
5. Expect the healing, watch, feel, listen and encourage.
6. Stand in faith (Hebrews 3:14). Let them know the difference between a miracle
healing and healing. In Kenya I prayed for the eyes of an Archbishop to be able to see
again and saw no evidence of healing, yet three weeks later he e-mailed me to tell me
that during the three weeks the Lord gradually healed his eyes to perfect sight.
The power of the Holy Spirit in large crowds
- 1. The Lord knows about the large crowd and often moves in a stronger measure so we need to be alert and listen to the Holy Spirit. Sometimes he will lead you to call up the sickest person first. If He does, you can know the Lord will heal this person and will enable you to be bold in faith, as this healing will raise the faith of others.
- 2. The Lord may lead you to pray a mass prayer by asking them to lay their own hands on their sickness of pain and a few hundred may be healed within a minute or two as the wave of the Holy Spirit moves over the crowd.
- 3. You may be led to pray for those with a certain sickness and after those healings, go onto the next sickness etc.
- 4. You may be given a word of knowledge for a certain person’s healing and even where they are seated in the crowd. This also raises faith.
- 5. Other times you may be led to use one or two of the methods and end up praying for the lame, blind and deaf individually.
Do we have the same power as the Apostles had?
How can we release this power today?
Who are given the authority of The Name of Jesus?
Jesus tells us to take authority. How do we do this?